As fierce of a winter I've experienced here, My hair is holding up so well. I have few split ends that a quick dusting will fix. To me, that's a miracle. I was so afraid I wouldn't make it through the winter with any growth, but if I keep this up, I'll have gained a couple inches in length by April.
1. Nixed the Midweek cowash - I haven't gotten rid of it all together, but I've been able to keep my hair moisturized without it for now.
2. Added Weekly protien - I've let go of my protien fears, and my hair has thanked me for it. I use protien products mainly as my prepoo.
3. Using Direct Heat on a weekly basis - I flat iron my hair weekly after a dc. So far so good.
4. Using liquid leave ins - I still use my cream leave in, but after I wash and DC, I spray some liquid leave in on to detangle and nourish my hair. This way my hair doesn't feel weighed down.
5. Sealing with serum instead of oils - I saw this suggestion on the HairLuvBugs site. At first I wasn't so sure about it because my train of thought was Serum = Silicones = crazy buildup. Thankfully I was wrong. It's been keeping the frizz at bay and my hair stays moisturized all day.
My hair feels amazing!